Letter to Families from the Club President.
Dear Meteor Families
With the coronavirus (Covid-19) situation continuing to evolve, the health of our players, coaches, team managers and supporters is our number one priority.
We have been notified by Kilsyth Basketball that all competition and training has been suspended as of Saturday 14 th March, until further notice.
Meteors has also taken the decision to cancel all training until further notice. This is purely as a precaution, and at the advice of Basketball Victoria, there have been no confirmed cases of COVID-19 to our club.
With there being no basketball this week, we have decided to keep open registrations for the Winter season till Wednesday 18 th March, so this should give everyone a chance to sign up for next season on the new PlayHq site. It really is an easy platform to use. We need ALL players to sign up so we can digitally add them into teams. So please make sure you are registered by Wednesday 14 th March as if you aren’t, you won’t be included into a team, and we will assume that you won’t be playing the Winter season.
Kilsyth are also meeting early this week to discuss the current situation and also finals. Please be patient with us during these difficult times as we also wait to hear what will be happening. Meteors will continue to work with Kilsyth Basketball and we shall continue to monitor the COVID-19 situation closely with the guidance from Basketball Victoria. As updates come in from Kilsyth and BBV, we will also update you in due course.
Thanking you all for your patience during these times.